That being said...
A few months ago I heard “Not My Own” by Myron Butler feat.
Tasha Cobbs. Of course, I loved the song at first listen. In weeks following
the first time I heard that particular song, a lot of other music I read or
scriptures and quotes I came across, all centered out God being the ultimate
creator of US. And that REALLY stuck out to me.
God created us. He created us in His fashion, in His image.
He molded us uniquely and individually so that no person is like another. We
each have what makes us set apart, what makes us different, what makes us
unique unto Him. Better yet for deeper thought, God knew us before He even
CREATED us in our mother’s wombs! My question I pose to all of that is, why is
it so difficult for us to do the simple things that God asks of us? Who are we
to tell God NO, to deny Him request of something He asks us to do for Him? I’ve
heard and seen people cry out constantly for God to do something in their
lives, for Him to move mightily; but quickly in the same breath, they say “NO”
to something God asks them to do.
Let's look at the story of Jonah.
Jonah was a
young man; living his life, living for God. God tells him to preach repentance
to the city of Nineveh. Granted the city was known for its wickedness and was
an enemy unto Israel; but God asked Jonah nonetheless to go and preach truth.
Jonah did the complete opposite of what he was asked. He said no, headed down
to Joppa, hopped on a boat and went in a direction AWAY from Nineveh. Jonah 1:3
reads “But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarnish.” (NIV). ----
Jonah ran AWAY from the very man who created Him. WOW.
*read the rest of the story to find
out what happened to him!* (smile)
I know before in my life there have been times that I may have ducked away from God or tried my hardest to fight against something He asked me to do. But then reality set in and I realized that was not a right way to live my life. My life IS NOT MY OWN. God created me. He didn’t have to but He did. I owe EVERYTHING to Him. I am obligated to Him. And I have absolutely no problem with that.
So the next time God asks you to do something…even if it is
something as simple as holding the door for someone….think very HARD before you
say NO. God created YOU….you owe it to Him to happily do His will.
Love & Blessings,
Nicole
Lyrics to: "Not My Own" by Myron Butler ft. Tasha Cobbs
All to Jesus I will bring
I surrender everything
Not my will but Christ in me
I’m Yours
Undeserving I receive
Everlasting love for meAll I ever want to be
is Yours…..
And oh its amazing how You love me….
My life is not my own
I live for You aloneMy life is not my own
I am Yours…
Overwhelming love revealed
Deep is calling deeper stillI surrender to Your will
I’m Yours…
And oh its amazing how You love me…
(link to song!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inb_PXSPbRA
No comments:
Post a Comment