For the first time, this is a post that doesn’t revolve
around a song lyric. *smile* I apologize to anyone that reads this (if anyone
does, lol). I slacked off from writing and posting for awhile. I was going
through…well am going through some transitions; which have brought me to this
post.
At the end of 2011, “I” had many expectations for 2012. “I”
was adamant that 2012 was going to be THE year and that it was going to be a
big change from 2011. Not too long after 2012 started, things began happening
left and right. And not for the better. Circumstances of life hit me and hit me
hard and its been a rollercoaster ever since. Recently, it dawned on me as to
why things were such a struggle. I had been doing the opposite of Psalm 62:5…rather
than having my sole expectation in what GOD wanted and what He wanted to do; I was
so fixated on how “Nicole” thought things were going to go. My hope and
expectation shouldn’t have been in ‘my’ thought process or anyone else’s. I
failed to take heed to what that scripture truly was saying: that EVERYTHING
about me: meaning my thoughts, my heart, my soul, my LIFE should be aligned with
what GOD has and wants for me; HIS expectations.
So I write this post to encourage you and myself. I know it’s
not going to be easy – it HASN’T been. God has taken me and put me under the
shadow of His wing and I will say, its comforting but also scary. I have felt
alone and really have kept my true thoughts and feelings to myself and have
just prayed them out. But I know God has me tucked away for a reason. So I say
all of that to encourage you that you are not alone. It may feel like it but
you’re not. God takes all of us through….but remember, He’ll never put more on
you than you can bare. And definitely remember to keep your expectations tied
to HIS. He has created our very being and molded our lives so our life, dreams,
aspirations, and EXPECTATIONS should always and forever only be tied to HIS.
Blessings & Love,
Nicole

i agree to the fullest. we all know this struggle. we have all faced it sometime in our lives. i'm some what having to deal with it myself. so i have too keep what you said in mind cause i often get lost & side track'd from the things that god has for me so i thank you for this post.
ReplyDeletewith much love,
Dexter P.